The Concord-Carlisle Community Chest....
- possesses a 67 year tradition of consistently caring for our community.
- promotes accountability in charitable giving. Our donors see where their money goes and how local non-profits efficiently spend their donations.
- believes in neighbors helping neighbors. Our donors "give where you live".
- is non-religious, apolitical and supports local giving for human services needs.
- is uniquely positioned to identify both community needs and the programs best able to meet those needs by utilizing our in-depth network, local expertise and community wide perspective.
- raises funds annually from local individuals and businesses and through bequests and annual events. We value all contributions.
- carefully disburses these funds to local human services programs using a stringent grant making process. We know each agency and how it operates; we review each request; we visit each applicant; we track success and report back.
- identifies emergent needs and nimbly addresses them through collaborative partnerships. We encourage social entrepreneurship and active volunteer community engagement.
- is the catalyst and partner in developing and supporting non-profit solutions for emerging needs and we strengthen existing programs with our expertise and support.
- is a lean and efficient 501(c)3. 88% of annual donations were used for program grants in 2012-13.
- awarded grants of $560,000 to 32 local programs in 2013-14. Additionally, more than $25,000 was awarded to the community via targeted funding.